Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Can't get stepper to turn, but drivers receiving code  (Read 4149 times)

Can't get stepper to turn, but drivers receiving code
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
    Hi,
        I bought this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advanced-3Axis-TB6560-Stepper-Driver-Box-Keypad-Display-1-86Nm-Nema23-Motor-PSU-/190983631268?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item2c7782f1a4 and have been trying to get it to work with mach3. The stepper motors work perfectly using the manual control buttons, no problem there with the motors or power supply. Mach3 is running through the G-Code no problem. The driver box IS definitely receiving the pulses because the co-ordinates on the screen change in sync with the changes of the co-ordinates on the mach3 display. So I don't understand why the motors don't turn. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Tried playing with just about every option but no luck. I don't really know what I'm doing though, this is my first foray into this kind of thing.

• Steppers definitely working
  • Power supply definitely OK
  • Mach3 definitely sending commands
  • Stepper motor driver definitely receiving commands

I hope it's not a faulty driver box :(

I would be grateful for any help anyone can give.

Thanks,

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Can't get stepper to turn, but drivers receiving code
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11:16 PM »
The driver box IS definitely receiving the pulses because the co-ordinates on the screen change in sync with the changes of the co-ordinates on the mach3 display.

Do you mean the toolpath is displaying movement?
That doesn't mean the drives are receiving the pulses. My guess is that your port address is wrong, or the pin settings are incorrect. If the drive was receiving pulses, the motors would either be moving, or at least making some noises. My guess is that the drives are NOT receiving the pulses.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »
Hi,
    I mean the display on the stepper motor driver is showing that it is receiving the pulses. It has a display on the driver box that shows x-y-z, this updates in sync with the mach interface. But the motors don't turn   ???

Thanks for taking the time to reply,
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
I'll try and do a video tomorrow to show you what I mean.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
hmm......
So when using Mach to control the output to the motors via the TB6560 all is well as you can use Mach job buttons to move the axis and
also you can also run a program. Is this correct? YES or NO?

Now when yo try to use the TB6560 controls to move the axis they do not move.  Is this correct? YES or No?

Did you get any instructions with the TB6560?
If you did can you post them? If not I can't be of any help.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »
Hi,
    here's a video of the situation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK7fIsbhlPQ&feature=youtu.be

It did come with some instructions in PDF I'll see if I can add them somehow, they're not particularly detailed though.

Thanks,

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:37:18 PM »
There are two versions of the TB6560. Which do you have?

If you read the info the enchanced version will record the running program as it is being run by Mach and then you can run that program from the TB becauae it is stored on the chip. You can also use it to do single axis moves but not combined with it ??.
I doubt that you can use both ie; while running Mach and also the TB. Like you can't have two controllers ...or...two mother hens in the house and which one is boss!

Without the info on the TB i only know what was in the description which I read very quickly.

If that TB is any thing like the other TB's, good luck.........

RICH
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:40:01 PM by RICH »