Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:56:44 AM

Author Topic: Replaced my motherboard. Now I am having problems getting back up and running.  (Read 9718 times)

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Ok, changed the Debounce interval to 2000 and during the test cut the machine stopped once with a limit switch warning.
Other thing that changed is X+ limit switch is always on (tested connections an all ok) so must be something on the LPT from this mainboard.
Yet another one on the old mainboard with touch screen the keyboard arrows didn't work for the jog function and in this one is working.
Starting to consider starting from scratch with the Mach3 install
Need to get high control to work but that is something for another day

Ric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
attach your xml and I will have a look.

Hood

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Here it is

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
You have Jog On/Off button switched Off so you will not be able to seect any of the Jog modes.
Not sure what you are meaning regarding
Other thing that changed is X+ limit switch is always on
If that was the case then you would not be able to get Mach out of Reset, so possibly you are meaning something different than I am thinking you mean?

Hood

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Not sure what you are meaning regarding
Other thing that changed is X+ limit switch is always on
If that was the case then you would not be able to get Mach out of Reset, so possibly you are meaning something different than I am thinking you mean?

Hood

That's exactly it I can't reset Mach, the only way is to go to config/port and pins and deselect that limit switch
I did check the connections and the switch itself and there is nothing wrong with it.
All this issues started after I copy the .xml file to this install it was working just fine on the previous computer.

Ric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
If the switch is working and you have verified that by testing with a meter right back to the port on your computer then you must have a bad parallel port. You could double check that by either making a new basic xml and just setting up that input or download Parmon and see what it is saying.
Hood

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Thanks, will that a go
About the jog not been enabled where do I do that ?
I looked at all the settings on Mach3 and the only mention to jog is on General configuration on Persistent Jog Mode,
Is this the one ?

Ric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
See pic.
Hood

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Had a go this morning
And no luck
With the "Jog ON/OFF" on it does the same
"ON" move the amount typed in the jog wheel "Tab" in this case 100.00mm
"OFF" does exactly the same as above.

Ric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Well it seems to be working fine here with your xml so I am not sure why/how you could be having issues. Can you attach your latest xml, also what Rev of Mach are you using and I will test with that.

Hood