Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:26:28 PM

Author Topic: Neuron.THC Torch Height Control (plasma)  (Read 69855 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Neuron.THC Torch Height Control (plasma)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:14 AM »
Documents! - where would the fun be?  :D

Offline BLM

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:50 AM »
Hi Shad71,
      I have an ESS for motion control which is my only ethernet port. Is there a way I can use your unit?
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
Hi BLM!
Yes, of course you can. You have to add the ethernet switch and connect CNC computer, ESS and Neuron to it.
--Andrew

Offline BLM

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
Ok thanks! I'm still trying to get my new plasma going then I need to upgrade the THC!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Hi BLM, this is the THC system that I use and it works great!  I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Ethernet Smoothstepper, Gecko G540 and an ethernet switch and everything is good.  The sample voltage mode of this unit is amazing.  I cut mostly thicker material and the control is as good as it gets.  I have cut over 100 parts using it and not a single failure.  For customer support, Andrew knows his stuff and always answers questions right away.

For the money, even at twice the price nothing comes close to how well this THC works.  Makes for a clean installation too!

-Shawn

Offline BLM

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »
Ok thanks! I haven't settled on a new THC so I will definitely give it a second thought. Thankyou Brian Martin.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:31 PM »
Can you tell us what the difference between the Neuron Lite and the Neuron Pro.
And can you tell us the price difference also.

Thanks Mike
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Hi Mike!
Yes, now there are two versions of the controller. The base is a light version. It has all the features described in the user manual.
The Professional version is distinguished by:
  • add interface to work with oxy plasma system - there are PreflowInIHS and Pierce end relay outputs.
  • Enhanced protection of the ArcVoltage module against interference - as a rule, such systems have the HV or HF pilot arc
  • Step/Dir interface has the differentsialny output (AM26LS31 linedriver)
  • add the relay output for automatic ventilation control with settable rump time and postflow time
In February will be a new version of the Pro controller, which will work with plasma and oxy-fuel. Added outputs to control gas console and inputs for capacitive sensor. Will also be available with an RS485 interface module to communication with Hypertherm plasma.

There is a ohmic sensor for IHS procedure. It's has the sensitivity up to 1 Mom and may be connect to torch shield or nozzle and work table. The sensor is work fine with all plasma units, include HV pilot arc.

Now the Lite version cost $775, Pro version $955, Ohmic $85, Hall ArcOk sensor $25(for plasma unit without Transfer output signal)
--Andrew
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »
Ha! I just found an interesting feature.... Retry times on plasma missfire.
Could you explain  this feature a little? Do you mean that if from various reasons i don't get arcok Neuron will try to start plasma how many time i choose to get arcok?
If so, it will be great!!! :)
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 02:30:00 AM »
Hi bdrotaru!
Yes Neuron has this feature. There are two settings for this:
Retry on transfer fail
This value determines the number of times that the controller will attempt to re-start the plasma after failing to transfer. The controller removes and reapplies the start signal on each re-start attempt.
Setting:  0 – 10

Transfer time
This is the number of seconds that the controller will wait for transfer before attempting a retry.
Setting:  0 – 10 seconds

If the arc transfer will not be received after all attempts - controller issues an error message to the operator.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:32:35 AM by shad71 »
--Andrew