Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:44:24 AM

Author Topic: poblocks question  (Read 6671 times)

poblocks question
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
I would like to combine sections of several poblocks files together.
I need a simple cut copy paste method. how do i do that ?

Also is there a function that sends out a pin signal if the po engine is running (or not).
A related question is can the Block Engine be started or stopped from outside ? such as from a DLL call ?

And also is this the best place for these questions ?

thanks kindly

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: poblocks question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
Hi, Machiner

A dedicated forum will be prepared for PoBlocks questions, but at the moment, support@poscope.com would be the best way to get help.
Regarding your questions:
- there is no copy-paste support (yet) - we are working on that
- no, currently there is no dedicated signal for signaling the state of the Pulse engine
- PoIL engine can be started from outside using the 'PoILSetCoreState' command in DLL. The state variable can be set to 0 (stopped) or 10 (running).

Regards,
Matevž
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:57:25 PM by NeoTO »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:46 PM »
Do I need to use poblocks with Mach4? I have a pokey56E with some switches and buttons connected. I want these to trigger functions in mach4. I believe I have the signal script set right, and have written a sig table into the screen script. But my buttons have no effect.

I used the config option in the mavh4 plugin to define the pins as digital inputs. Iused the config mach option to set the signals as pokeys input.

I must be missing something.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
Hi, Ron

We are actively working on Mach4 plugin at the moment. Which versions are you using (Mach4, plugin, PoKeys firmware, PoKeys software)?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:27 AM »
It looks like Mach4 is loosing my input settings. If I use config->mach4->Input signals  and set an input to use the pokeys device, and the right signal name, my switch works. But if I exit Mach4 and restart that setup is lost.  The pokeys config is saved.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »
We can not help you if you don't provide the information we are asking for (see my previous messge).
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
I am using Plugin V1.2,  with firmware 3.1.51 I am using the latest mach4, build 2270.

If I set the mach4 input pins to pokeys then my panel works, but if I stop mach4 and restart the settings are lost. The pokeys config setting are preserved.

Steve suggests this means pokeys is not registering the pins on init and when mach gets control it sees no registrations so deletes its settings for the input pins.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »
FYI.. i have exact same problem. of course it is a 'deal breaker' for the plugin.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 02:04:22 AM »
Don't be so dramatic. The plugin is in active development phase and we are working hard on providing as many features as users want.
We wanted too much for the pins (showing the user the current configuration state of the pin), which confused the Mach4 when it was doing the signal mapping resolution on startup.
The latest plugin solves the issue, but still some smaller problems persist, which we are targeting to be solved in the next release.