Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:58:13 AM

Author Topic: Code won't run  (Read 5638 times)

Code won't run
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »
The attached job file and associated G-code fails to load and run in Mach.

At the line where the tool changes to Tool 12, there is a status message that says "nested comment found, Block = M06 T12"

Whats the problem here? It ran up to that point and went thru a couple of tool changes?

Side question (since I can't run the code and I'm just getting used to these wizards), does it stop at the tool change so I can manually change the tool and can I reset Z then to adjust for tool length, since the tool table gives me no length values. I have NMTB 30 holders, so I can measure and fix all the tool lengths, but there's no way I see to enter that into the table.
Re: Code won't run
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
That line has a comment on it - M06 T13 (Center drill)- I think mach3 objects to comments on the same line as code. You can change the setting in the new job dialog to not show comments, or simply edit that line and add an <enter> key to make the comment appear on a new line. I will fix the program to do that.

On the General Config screen, near the top left of the page is a radio box for tool change- you have 3 choices, Ignore, stop and wait for start, or auto tool changer. You want to set it to stop.

Yes, if you have repeatable tool holders you can set up the tool table so it will automatically set the Z values when you make a tool change. How to do it is more complicated than I can write here, have a look at the mach manual for details. There may also be a video on it.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
No-the T13 line works ok, it's down about line 50 where the T12 tool change is that hangs it up.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
This is your problem,

M06 T12 (end mill (long))  <------- Parenthases inside of parenthases

It sees it as a message inside a message (nested)    (xx(yy))

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
Look in your tool table (NFW) and see if the description for tool #12 is (long) if so change it to just LONG.

Just a  thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 06:38:20 PM »
I have already fixed the code to make the comment on a new line, but it looks like that is not the real problem. It will be harder to be sure no nested parens occurs, but I guess Ill have to do it.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
Thanks. Changing the tool table entry to remove the parentheses cleared it up.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
ROn you really should change it back to the same line. The notes are there for a reason and it can be confusing if the NOTE is actually on another line.

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
Yes, I guess a comment on a line with code is OK. I should have figured that since no one had trouble with that before.