Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:52:29 AM

Author Topic: X or Y axis error after homing  (Read 2736 times)

X or Y axis error after homing
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:55:30 PM »
Usually I get this error when I first start the pc, Mach 3, load a program, set my work coordinates to zero, zero my tool,   press the regenerate button and then press the REF ALL HOME button.

The machine goes to the home position, where it's supposed to go, but sometimes the X or the Y DRO records a different position.

When  I press the "go to zero" button, either the x or the y goes in a different direction.

I have to have my button on the stop button in order to make sure the machine does not smash against the end of the travel.

Once I stop the machine, I have to bring the tool back to the work coordinates and zero  the one axis that had gone wild.

Again, I this point I do not press the "regenerate" button, but simply press the ref all home button.

From here on the machine works fine. In fact,I can pick new coordinates and things will work fine.

Obviously, this is not supposed to happen.  

I written about this problem before, but I've yet to get any good clues to solve it.

tony
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:57:11 PM by greenene »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: X or Y axis error after homing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »
You should be doing the RefAll as the first thing you do, that is the only way Mach can know where it is.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »
I sure will do that, and report back.
I hope it fixes it. 
I thought that the home limit switch "took care" of things.

tony

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »
When you first start Mach you need to reference it (if of course you are using Home switches, some dont) Then you can jog and zero out your axes at your offset position and Mach will know where it is.
If you start Mach, jog to where you want then zero then do a RefAll the chances are Mach will not know where the zero you have just set is because it wasnt referenced prior to setting them.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »
Ok that makes sense. thanks, Hood.
tony