Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:01:46 AM

Author Topic: License question  (Read 4213 times)

License question
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:39:27 AM »
Hello one and all...

I purchased a Mach1 license some time ago and am quite pleased that it is still valid for Mach3.

I have Mach3 installed on two computers.  One computer runs my shoptask machine, the other is used for CAD/CAM work.  The latter system does not control any sort of machine, Mach3 is run in simulation mode so that I can preview, identify and debug problems without doing stupid things to my machine.

Having recently discove rd that an odd problem on my machine system was being caused because the Mach licence file hadn't been installed, I copied my license to the machine system.

Being a honest fellow and appreciating the value that ArtSoft provides, it occurs to me that I might need a second license.  Ration thought might argue that as I am only running one machine and I only use one system at a time maybe I don't...

I want to do the right thing.  Do I need to purchase a second license?

Bob Segrest

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: License question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
Bob, It's pretty simple. If you use more than one copy to make money (two machines) then you need to buy another licenses. If not Art doesn't mind you having a copy on the test and tune PC. He is wonderful about that. It seems the bargins of Mach never end doesn't it.  ;)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
What if your using your machine to lose money?  ;D

Not that anyone would intentionally do that (or tell their wife that!)  ::)

Dan
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:47:35 AM by dfurlano »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
Well first off, you couldn't tell the wife, that would defiantly put you in the Crazy Person group. ;D But, knowing Art is not greedy at all, he would probably.........................................................................................

say I'm sorry.  ;D

The way I see it, if you can help others, come on this forum and do that. I think this is what we should do to earn the right to use Mach. This lets Art and Brian concentrate on the things we all want. A killer controller for $160.00  :o. Art has made it legal for poor people to have this much fun. ;D I hope he makes more money than Elvis.  ;D

Brett

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »
Hi Bret,

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate the clarification.

Bob Segrest

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 11:43:43 AM »
Your welcome Bob. Have fun.

Brett