Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:23:38 AM

Author Topic: compiled engraving.dll crashes on InsertMenu  (Read 2686 times)

compiled engraving.dll crashes on InsertMenu
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:21:24 AM »
I've compiled the laser engraving plugin. It compiles fine, but when  Mach3 starts up it crashes as the engraving.dll is trying to "InsertMenu". (The downloaded engraving.dll functions fine) I'm compiling with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 on a windows XP/SP 3 machine.

Code: [Select]
    MenuHandler.cpp
InsertMenu( menu->m_hMenu , -1 , MF_POPUP, (UINT_PTR) hSubmenu, _T("&Impact/Laser Engraving") );  //this adds the probing menu item.
A few lines before the crash, at "CMenu *menu = MachFrame->GetMenu();" I'm getting a pop up window "Window Help", "Cannot find the C:\mach3\mach3.HLP file. Do you want to try to find this file yourself?" (yes/no).

My best guess is that the crash is related to not finding the help file and the pop up window gets the GetMenu call, which does not have any menu, then the InsertMenu fails to insert the menu into the pop up window.  Is there anywhere to get the file mach3.HLP?

Any other solution or ideas?
Re: compiled engraving.dll crashes on InsertMenu
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
The problem turns out to be some change made by microsoft after visual studio 2003. The old version of the compiler builds and runs correctly.