Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:48:33 AM

Author Topic: Industrial PC for Mach3  (Read 4309 times)

Industrial PC for Mach3
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:16:18 PM »
I am looking for an Industrial PC to run Mach on, something more solid than a standard PC.

Any Ideas?   

Thanks
JH
Re: Industrial PC for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
all the beefed up pcs I've seen are just a normal pc in a strong case, and I've never seen a standard pc case fail. The usual problems in a pc are caused by damp, so add a small pet whelping mat and it will be nice and warm.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
I was looking at some of the long life mini itx mobos available. Not sure what the long life part actually means but suspect it may be that they will be producing them for an extended time rather than they will last an extended time ;D
Having said that I have never had problems with any of the mobos I have had on the machines, that could be due to our climate here in Scotland, somewhere between cold and freezing :)

Hood

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
You use smooth steppers on all your machines, don't you Hood? I would also like to find a good mobo, but capable of running Mach through the PP. Have you tried any of your mini's without the SS?
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:55 AM »
Hi Sam,
 I use external controllers on all machines, some Smoothstepper, some CSMIO.
The via Pico mobos dont have a PP but the Asus mini ITX I used does, I never actually tried running anything with it but out of interest I tried the driver test and it was the nicest pulse I had seen on any mobo right up to 100KHz. Whether all Atom mobos will be similar I cant say.
Hood

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »
Thank you for trying it out. I might just pull the trigger on one.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."