Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:43:37 AM

Author Topic: my z axis going out of balance  (Read 2802 times)

my z axis going out of balance
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
hi there,

first i am new to CNC stuff

after i got all my vector and my cnc working great ! i notice some problem in Z axis maybe a small fix but i just dont know how to fix it

i am engraving a panel for one of project and the machine need to engrave the word ON and the word OFF (its gonna be a back lighted panel )
i notice that when i zero my Z axis and start the mach 3 G-Code the first letter (ON) it engrave it fine but you can see that during the engraving process the z going deeper and deeper during the process the Z axis show the correct depth of engraving (o.100 mm) but definitely its going deeper as the working progress
any idea please HELP me:)

Thank You

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: my z axis going out of balance
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
If it is doing any rapid moves up in the process then it could be losing steps, try reducing the Velocity and Accel for the Z.
Other thing it could be is the tool is being pulled iout of your collet.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
hi there
thank you very much for helping me

i think that may table or the acrylic plastic have a bump in the middle when i am holding the material width the holder i notice that by putting a piece of plywood (smooth surface) take the z axis down to 0  and travel it manually (Y axis) and you see that at the start of the material its not touching the material but starting the middle (approximately ) the drill bit start touching the matirial and make a straight line (the spindle is off)

do you have any ideas on how to make the surface straight and lineup

again thank you very much

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 02:52:13 AM »
It will depend on what your machine is like but often people put a sub plate/spoil board on their table and then use a fly cutter or face mill to level things off.
Hood