Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:45 PM

Author Topic: Finished control panel for my Supermax  (Read 5394 times)

Finished control panel for my Supermax
« on: February 27, 2007, 03:11:26 PM »
I got the control panel pretty much finished for my supermax mill. Features are cycle stop/start buttons. Buttons to activate tuning on pixies and reset. E-Stop, Optical Drive, Media Reader w/USB, Hole for pendant connection, 4th axis connection, Mouse wheel and buttons, 15" LCD with ELO Intellitouch touch screen 1/4" thick glass, meter for showing spindle current draw. Made from 5052 Aluminum .080 thick and powder coated.

The touch screen works great. Have a wireless mouse attached but almost never use it. The only bad thing is the ELO method of right clicking sucks, so I used the guts out of an old mouse to add a scroll wheel and extra mouse buttons. Great for scrolling through gcode!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:13:10 PM by macona »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Finished control panel for my Supermax
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
Looks Good Macona.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
Great job. You must be very proud of it. I would be.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
Looking good macona, you got a pic of the Supermax? Where will the panel be fitted on the mill?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »
The control cabinet is mounted to a swingarm off the column of the mill. Would post a current pic but I have the head in pieces. The R8 taper was sticking so I peeked up in there and saw all sorts of pitting so I sent the spindle in to Wells-Index for a regrind. Since the spindle is out I figure this would be a good time to go through the head so I have mostly disassembled it to get all of the crud out. I was looking pretty bad. Also a lot of the filler putty was bad so I have sanded it down and am going to repaint the lower part of the head.

Heres the original thread:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2057.0

Offline patrick71100

•  14 14
  • HURCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »
LOOKS COOL,
I HAVE 15 LCD ON KM3,ITS IN THE SHOW AND TELL,EVER THINK ABOUT USING A DIFFRENT PENDANT LIKE THE HURCOS HAVE
MY ARM ALWAYS GOT TIRED WHEN PROGRAMING CONTROLS UP HIGH LIKE DINOSAUR(DYNAPATH),I NOW SOMEONE PARTING OUT A KMB1(SIMULAR BUT A LITTLE DIFFRENT), DOUG 1-262-547-8188
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:38 PM »
I have a micronor/fadal pendant that I sent off to be modified to fit. (Thats what the hole with the four screws are for.)

I dont do any programming on the console. The machine is on the wireless network and I do all my cad on my faster machine that has a nice LaCie 22" crt in my bedroom. Copy the files and run. I might do a quick edit on the machine but nothing long term.

-Jerry