Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:51:38 AM

Author Topic: WaterJet screen help  (Read 10293 times)

WaterJet screen help
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
Hello all;

I'm looking for help. Does anyone have experience making a screen for a waterjet? The original IR program to run the machine is nothing more than a G code display.

Also, is there a "standard" M code to assign to the "jet nozel" on, or do I just create my own special G code format for this machine? I hate to do that if there is a typical, normal or standard.

Thank you for comments or sugestions!!

Ron

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: WaterJet screen help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
you can use the pre-existing "Spindle M-codes" to control your water jet. M3 could turn it on, and M5 could turn it off. You could user your Spindle speed value as a value (analog or digital), to control the water speed.
If you need other I/O for specific functions unique to a water machine, just make you M-Codes with VB script in them that turn on/off through the PP or Mod-bus, if you need to send other analog values send those through the mod bus as well.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
Hello Scott;

Thank you for the reply. I have coded G-code in the past and thought I could use the coolant M codes (from the mill) just to keep things easy. I feel the coolant M codes may be safer to use in case someone loads a waterjet program into a mill, at least the spindle wont fire up, the opererator will just get wet. I'll just make a programmers note about what M codes to use.

I'm really interested in any waterjet mach3 screens that have been made.

Thanks for any replies!

Ron
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
I'm looking for Chip. I was told in the other forum that he can help me with my waterjet screen.

Is there someone who creates Mach3 screens for money? I'm willing to pay someone to help me... I just need a waterjet screen and supporting macros and graphics.

Thank you to whomever forwards my plea to Chip.

Ron

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »
Hi, Ron

Sent you a PM

Thanks, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »
Hi, Ron

Hears the Macro.

Chip
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
Hello Chip;

Thank you for the personal help. I will pass it on when I have the chance to help someone else.

Ron
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 12:40:14 PM »
Ron:
Did you get your screens the way you want them? I am setting up a retrofit for our waterjet & waterjet screens are needed.

Thanks
Steve
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »
Hi Steve, I ended up using the standard mill screen. I use sheetcam to do the post for me. I had to edit/create a post for the waterjet to use in sheetcam. Do you want it?
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
I am also in need of a post for waterjets

Please help