Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:04:09 AM

Author Topic: How To Make Boss6I G code Run Correctly In Mach3  (Read 10522 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How To Make Boss6I G code Run Correctly In Mach3
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »
OK that one is more like it.

SO what is it that you wanted to change ?

(;-) TP
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
I would like to have the correct startup codes. Mach3 does not want G75 and it does not want the period as the first character in the first line. I would like to add the segment names for the different cycles, and I need to have the correct end commands that retract Z and return to the tool change location. There might be other things I will want to edit in the future. I need to know where to go to edit the post variables to make it happen. I want the post to be compatable with my Mach3 controler.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:32:41 PM by wade16 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »
As far as just modifiing things like the startup block that is very easy add or subtract what you want. The canned cycles are already defined. Being that you are dealing with a VERY old CAM program version wise it may NOT support the full aspect of a modern day CNC controller. In that case you will be very limited as to the full support of Mach3.

But it looks to have all the low end features that are required to build parts. It just may be limited to machining features.

Without having full knowledge of the CAM program it will be very hard to prove or disprove that it can handle MAch3 fully.  I suggest you email EZCAM and ask them IF your version can handle such things. IF not then time to move on to a modern version of CAM. If it is possible then ask how to go about it. Perhaps they still have documentation of the post system used by that version of Ezcam.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »
I appreciate your responses. If I wanted to try to edit the post processor, Which file would I need to edit? Is it the .cnc or .cnx file? The .cnx file is easile opened with wordpad, but the .cnc file has a lot of unreadable entrys. When I post a new part program, I load the Boss6I.cnc file into my CAD program to generate the G-code, so I don't know what the purpose of the Boss6I.cnx file is for.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 01:10:18 AM »
You can try editing the readable file. Try just making 1 simple change at first then save and test. If that works then have at it.

Remember to ALWAYS save the original file away safely and only edit a copy. Also do not delete any symbles you see in the file as they may be neccesary for the file to run properly.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:12:49 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 01:13:58 AM »
I will give it a shot and let you know what happens. I am just wondering how changes to the .cnx file has any affect on the .cnc file. Thanks for your efforts in trying to help me.
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »
I did some editing in the .cnx file and had both files in the same directory when I loaded the post to my CAD program, but it had no affect on the G-code produced, so I guess I need to somehow find a program that can display the .cnc file in normal text so I can edit that file to achieve the changes. Any ideas?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »
That won't happen. It is compiled code. I would think somewhere in the Cam program there is a feature to compile the Posts IF that is what it needed.

I have never seen one that ran compiled Post code but it is  possible.

(;-) TP
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »
I finally found the MBUILD program that I used many years ago. I want to have a Z up movement at the end of the program before any X or Y move. The post shows the program end as:  {N<SEQ>}<MOTION>X<X-CHANGE>Y<Y-CHANGE>M2<EOB> Is that what I want, or do I need to add a Z move? If so, what is the correct input?
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
TP,
I figured out that the cnc file is the postprocessor machine file and the cnx file is the text document file that shows the format  information contained in the cnc file. I am now able to edit the cnc file with MBUILD. Based on the formats shown in the cnx file, can you give me the correct format for including segment name comments and the correct program end with Z up move? If so, then I can edit the cnc file to include the changes.