Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:33:06 AM

Author Topic: hello everybody - motor drive question  (Read 5420 times)

Offline nik

•  69 69
    • View Profile
hello everybody - motor drive question
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
hello , I'm sorry for my bad english
my name is nik, my hobby is electronics, I just finish my project - servo motor control, DC brush motor with incremental encoder, capable to drive up to 80V 20A or 180V 10A with minimal heat on transistors (circuit board heat more)  ;D
max frequency on step input should be more than 200Khz but .... where from? I can make a controller to produce a higher frequencies . USB or serial or TCP/IP, one of this should be ok, but how to make mach3 to send data to one of these ports? I cant make a plug-in for mach , I'm not good in PC programming  :(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:01:01 PM by nik »
Re: hello everybody - motor drive question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »
If you need to have 200 KHz the G100 from Gecko drive should get you what you need :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline nik

•  69 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:33:42 AM »
I want to build it, do it for yourself

Offline nik

•  69 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 07:17:44 AM »
is it possible to be added a menu to ports&pins for usb, serial, or TCP/IP support? with option for custom protocols... will be more flexible for any hardware
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
You can do that now but you are going to have to learn C++ and how to write the firmware to make the hardware work... if you are up to it go for it!

www.machsupport.com

Offline nik

•  69 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »
I can do everything outside the PC - circuit board, controller, firmware, connections. I have already ideas for the algorithm but how to make work with mach?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
for something like that we like to send points to a buffer telling you where you need to be every 1ms If you can setup your fifo beffer to about 256 deep that should work... that is how the Gcode works and then you need to have some way that we can tell you to jog. How are you going to get the data to the device?

BTW the Com port is out ;)

www.machsupport.com

Offline nik

•  69 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:14:24 AM »
then USB or TCP, if you already have experience with TCP that is not a problem, the buffer will be what should be, thеrefore firs I ask how will work together with mach , and then start to build  :)
the most important for me is the protocol you will use, so i can make my processor receive and recognize data
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »
We can change that as needed... There is not standard! so make it as simple as you can and it will work great..

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »
Hi
I am looking for some help , Does anyone know what the general alogorithm or equation for controlling the motion of 2 or more axis is.
Looked just about everywhere.
Regards
Clive