Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:31:26 PM

Author Topic: Upgrading Issue  (Read 8576 times)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Upgrading Issue
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

I moved my Mach 3/DSPMC to a new PC. When doing so, I upgraded the software/firmare. I've moved the 3.5.9 plugin to the Mach 3 folder. I've updated the firmware to 7.14.

When I open Mach 3, the status reads 'DSPMC/IP POnline. Plugin 3.19, DSPMC: 7762/0719, CPU Rev: 6'

I also get the error 'Encoder Polarity or Encoder Debounce out of range...'.

The Status line plugin does not match what I put in the folder. What am I doing wrong and how do I get rid of the error?
Re: Upgrading Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
looks like there is an old m3dspmc.dll in the c:\mach3 folder tree.  please search for this dll in c:\mach3 folder and all subfolders and delete the old file.  make sure mach3 is closed.   copy the new dll v3.5.9 into c:\mach3\plugins and start mach3.  you should see something like:

DSPMC/IP POnline. Plugin 3.5.9, DSPMC: 7762/0719, CPU Rev: 6

hope this helps

-vitalsystem

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:31:16 PM by vitalsystem »

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I don't know what I did wrong the first time. But deleting the file and reloading it did the trick.

Thank you,

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »
I am having the same problem but I downloaded the current plugin to begin with. Mine says DSPMC/IP POnline. Plugin 3.6.4, DSPMC: 7762/0655, CPU Rev: 6 I did not upgrade firmware because my DSPMC is still functioning on my old system with Plugin 3.28.2 and I didn't want to break that until I know this new system works.

Do I need to update firmware to support Plugin 3.6.4 or is my problem elsewhere? I have tried moving my Mach3mill.dll and I have tried setting up from scratch. Both methods result in "'Encoder Polarity or Encoder Debounce out of range" on startup.

Again, the hardware functions correctly on my old PC so I am thinking it's a software/configuration issue.

Thanks,
Rich
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
Also, if firmware is the issue, I can't seem to find the firmware upgrade tool on the DSPMC page of the website. I do see the firmware file with the Plugin download.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
you do need to match the firmware with the plugin.  so make sure use the matching plugin and firmware.  the upgrade tool is located here: http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/VSI_Device_Manager.zip

thanks
VSI
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
Ok, once again I got everything working on the bench with a firmware upgrade and plugin to match. Then I had to disassemble and integrate the drives and motors with our machine. Now the same computer won't find the DSPMC that is attached. My other pc (with the old plugin) will see the DSPMC and give me the encoder denounce error but if I upgrade the plugin on that computer, it will also no longer find a DSPMC attached. I am up against a very tight deadline and I don't understand why it worked fine before and nothing has changed. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »
Update for the community, if anyone has a similar issue. I found through the firmware update utility that the DSPMC IP address was 192.168.1.50. I changed my computer to a static IP address and set it to 192.168.1.10 and it is communicating now. Not sure what changed from the bench to here but we are moving again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk