Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:49:51 PM

Author Topic: spindle shuts off right after start ("limit switch tripped")  (Read 2423 times)

spindle shuts off right after start ("limit switch tripped")
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:41:13 AM »
Hi Everyone,
Im new to the forum and relatively new to mill setups. I recently purchased a used cnc router on the cheap and I have setup and calibrated everything but the spindle correctly. I have an older 3hp Komo spindle run through a Magnetech GPD 333 frequency contoller and an updated Precix controller and table. I am trying to setup proper commenication with spindle. Here is what happens when I start running code. The gantry begisn to move to position and the spindle begins to trun but then after about a half of a second the action halts and I get a "limit switch tripped" emergency shutoff.
I am sure it is a simple setting or fix, however, I am new to the setup protocol and language.  I would be very grateful for any insight as to what might be the issue. Thank you for your time and I am excited to get in to exploring Mach3.

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: spindle shuts off right after start ("limit switch tripped")
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:53 AM »
It sounds like your spindle may be emitting noise and that is being picked up by your limit switch wiring. Ideally your wiring should all be shielded with the grounds connected at one end to a central point in your control cabinet/case.
You can also try setting a Debounce interval on General Config page, often 2000 is the number mentioned to see if it helps, if it does then reduce as much as you can. It is preferrable not to have to use Debounce in my opinion and much better to sort the noise at source.
Hood
Re: spindle shuts off right after start ("limit switch tripped")
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:21 AM »
Hood,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will try that but I am quite certain that is the problem. I had made an extension to the trigger switch wire for the z axis and I used unshielded wire not knowing that was necessary. Without changing the wire I am already getting a better response from changing the Debounce.  I'll respond again once I test it the new wiring.
Matt.