Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:25 AM

Author Topic: Can the DSPMC/ip do what I need?  (Read 5886 times)

Can the DSPMC/ip do what I need?
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »
I posted a question similar to this one on the general tab, but so far no responses.

Here it goes

I have an Amada NC iron worker.   It has a six station turret that rotates.   I can punch, shear, notch and bend. It also has a x axis positioner.   This is a very handy machine, and the CPU has died.

Since it is twenty years old, and a Japan only machine- Amada is really no help.   I removed the CPU and shipped it to NC last week to a place that said they should be able to fix it.  I am not counting on it.

So I am planning on the worst.   If it comes down to it, I need to have a list of parts that I can order, and install  as soon as possible.

From what I can tell, I need a simple way to input the length for the positioner to move, and how many times to repeat.

It also has several limit switches and a few buttons.   

The turret only uses a motor contacter to turn the table.

The only thing I am not sure of is how the pressure is controlled for the bend function.   There is a large know that I turn to adjust the amount of force.  Not to sure if it is strictly hydraulic, or electrical and hydraulic.

so I am planning on it being electrical controlling the hydraulic.   It should be 0-10 vdc for the input and 0-10 vdc for the pressure valve.   

any ideas?

I will add a picture of the user interface in a few minutes.

thanks

Steve
Re: Can the DSPMC/ip do what I need?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »
here is a picture

Steve

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:41 AM »
I would suggest a control retrofit from Amada to update the machine.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
TP-

I would gladly replace it with a new one, but amada is no help.   The only thing parts and service will say is it is discontinued. 

I don't know if this is because this is a Japan only machine or that it was made in 1990.

So I am looking for options

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »
I don't think it would be a japan only model with everything in english. DID you ask them IF a control update was available ?

WHo exactly did you ask ?

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
TP-

I have talked to AMADA service, and parts.   They both said the same thing.  I asked parts about a upgrade, but did not as the service department about a upgrade.

I will call the service department about an upgrade.

Hopefully I will get good news tomorrow from the circuit board repair company.

Steve