Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:40:49 PM

Author Topic: G92 for a drifting offset?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Fleck

•  31 31
    • View Profile
    • fleckguitar.com
G92 for a drifting offset?
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:02:55 AM »
 I am working on a macro in which I can measure my part, input the measurement into a X and Z user defined variable screen box and have the offsets calculated relative G54-59. Right now the "off offset amount" is applied to a G52 X#X Z#Z. This macro works great the first run, but stays at that offset relative to the original offset and my variables no longer work as planned. I would like the new offset to be 0 relative to Machine 0 every time a part drifts/lost step and the off part measurements are entered into the cpu. This way all the guy working with me has to do is measure the part, input measurements(only if off) and load the lathe. Would a G92 be a good approach. Kind of a drifting/resetting offset.
                                                               Any advice is appreciated
                                                                           Mike
this is my router, there are many like it but this one is mine

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: G92 for a drifting offset?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:27 PM »
IF you are trying to compensate for missed steps you are fighting a loosing battle. Fix the machine.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Fleck

•  31 31
    • View Profile
    • fleckguitar.com
Re: G92 for a drifting offset?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:20:19 AM »
Machine is good. I am just a bit obsessed with writing a macro in which part size data can be input and offsets are calculated IF off.
this is my router, there are many like it but this one is mine