Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:25:03 PM

Author Topic: Plugin sets Encoder as type 12 (CE12), I need normal quadrature (CE0)  (Read 2766 times)

Hi, I just got everything working, but the plugin is forcing the encoder type as 12 (Reversed pulse and direction)

CE*=? returns

12, 12, 12, 12

Forcing CE to 0,0,0,0 doesn't work since it gets reset almost immediately back to 12s.

I don't see anywhere in the plugin where I can configure this. ???
Re: Plugin sets Encoder as type 12 (CE12), I need normal quadrature (CE0)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:28:04 PM »
I got it going thanks to smurph.

I'll assume he won't mind if I cut'n paste his reply here since it might help someone else in the future. In the end, since I have two machines hooked up (a PC for Mach and another running galilsuite) over ethernet, I turned off mach and was able to update the CE values and burn it. Mach didn't clear it when it restarted. Yay!

Ken,

We don't change many of the values on the Galil.  About the only thing we do is MT (motor type) and the I/O config.  Otherwise, if you change something, you need to burn the value to the controller with the BN command.  Issue a CE0,0,0,0; BN to do this. 

I think what was happening was CE12 was burned into the controllers NV ram and when you ran the Galil plugin, we do a reset which put the NVRAM config back in place.  Because we never issue a CE command to the controller at all in the plugin.

For the Galil, 98% of the setup is done in the terminal using Galil commands.  PID values, etc...  Even the motor type should be setup in the Galil via MT and burned.  We allow changing the motor type and a few other things in the plugin, but that is more for testing.  The Galil plugin config and the NVRAM config really should match so that the plugin doesn't really change anything for a production system.  Because if the control gets reset, it really needs to come back up in a working config so that nothing unexpected happens.