Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:16:41 AM

Author Topic: New problem (it's just not my weekend it seems)  (Read 3176 times)

New problem (it's just not my weekend it seems)
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
After working with Chip I got the machine referencing correctly, everything seems to be spot on. (Chip = Superman ;D)

So I popped in a blank to the vaccum jig and fired everything up like before but when the machine does a G0 it moves so fast that it trips the servo and the gantry stops. I have not played with any of the motor settings and was using the ones I had before under the last version of MachIII so I'm unsure what is going on. I looked around for a way to slow down the G0 and didn't see any options, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere in the program??

The K2 is using servo's so when you load them too much the Gecko's shut them off... At some point I'm going to upgrade to something with more umph but for now they do work...

I tried loading the machine without any GCode and setting the offsets and then telling it to G0 X0 and it takes off but never makes it, I just need to slow that down a bit and I should be good...

Oh and attached is the VERY latest XML file in case anyone wants to see it  ;D

Thanks

-Paul-
-Paul-

Paul Davis
Luthier
Patriot Guitars

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: New problem (it's just not my weekend it seems)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »
The G0 sped is set in the motor tuning. Back down your acceleration and your velocity a little bit. and you should be good to go.

Chad
Re: New problem (it's just not my weekend it seems)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »
Not sure where my last post went? (I said it's not my weekend after all)...

But you nailed it Chad, spent just a couple minutes tweaking in there and was able to get a sample bridge off the machine for a client...

Chip called after I got it working and Brett offered to call, great bunch of people on here. I'm up and fully operational again  ;D

Now that everything seems so stable I'm going to do some playing around with getting more of my stuff automated, need to play with scripting next :)

Cheers

-Paul-
-Paul-

Paul Davis
Luthier
Patriot Guitars