Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:58:33 AM

Author Topic: Problem loading gcodesEvery time I try to load a g code it immediately go emerge  (Read 2511 times)

Every time I try to load a g code it immediately goes to emergency mode active. Anyone know why?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Attach your code and your xml and I will see if I can replicate the problem here.
Hood
Thankyou for your reply. I'm not sure what an xml is but I tried to upload the file I generated with Artsoft. It wouldn't let me upload that file type. .art. I couldn't save it in any other file types. I think the problem is in my configuration settings. I was able to run a file that was in the computer that the previous owner had used. Now I am unable to do that also. The only settings that I changed since running that file  are in the soft limits. The previous owner did not have the machine homed to the switches. I got that figured out. Then I finally figured out the soft limits and changed them to stop the axises just before hitting the switches. Also I can't get the moniter in the top right that toggles between the machine view and the work view to respond the way it does in the tutorial.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Open Mach and look at the profile name. Close Mach then browse to your Mach3 folder and look for a file with the profiles name and a .xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop then rename to banddphillips.xml then use the additional options button to attach. As for the code just change its file extension to .tap or .txt  and attach.

Hood