Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:47:33 AM

Author Topic: Router just shuts off and stops intermittently  (Read 7517 times)

Re: Router just shuts off and stops intermittently
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
Hood,

1) what else, short of running into a limit switch, could make the axes "dereferenced" (dereferenced means, Mach3 changes an axis state into boolean state "position not referenced"? (except modifying settings in Configuration->Ports and Pins->Input Signals).

Verbal definition: "Derefed axis" = axis coordinate value not related to home. Mach3 has a presupposed boolean state "axis X/Y/Z/A coordinate value is referenced to home". Or home switch signals available/not available state.

2) I it is probably more safe to verify the presumed behaviour of the conditions monitor on the X or Y axes? I.e. on purpose running into a limit switch and see how Mach3 reacts.  It seems, that the conditions monitor evaluates its checks in idle mode, when not running G-Code.

Peter.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:23:31 AM by PeterF »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
1) E-Stop or De-Ref Axis button. Probably the Stop button as well during motion.

2) I'm with Hood, and think the best thing to do is remove it altogether. It really serves no purpose other than to annoy you.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
ger21

You are right, De-Ref Axes, available on the MDI page, can cause abnormal condition. When axes are refed again, the abnormal condition clears. The Stop button doesn't do (does not de-ref, but it could conceivably trigger IJ or CV abnormal conditions). E-Stop (emulated with hotkey) doesn't cause abnormal condition. Z-- (emulated with hotkey) causes abnormal condition.

Thanks for all the help!

Peter.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:49:04 AM by PeterF »
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »
<Normals>
<Distance>0.</Distance>
<ZInhibit>0.</ZInhibit>
<Axis0>1.</Axis0>
<Axis1>1.</Axis1>
<Axis2>1.</Axis2>
<Axis3>1.</Axis3>
<Axis4>0.</Axis4>
<Axis5>0.</Axis5>
<Axis6>1.</Axis6>
<CV>2.</CV>
<XScale>1.</XScale>
<YScale>1.</YScale>
<ZScale>1.</ZScale>
<AScale>1.</AScale>
<BScale>1.</BScale>
<CScale>1.</CScale>
<OffLine>0.</OffLine>
<IJ>1.</IJ>
<RefX>0.</RefX>
<RefY>0.</RefY>
<RefZ>0.</RefZ>
<RefA>0.</RefA>
<RefB>0.</RefB>
<RefC>0.</RefC>
<System>0.</System>
<Rotation>0.</Rotation>
<Plane>1.</Plane>
</Normals>

When we never double-clicked the "Normal Condition" button, or did the "Set Normal Condition" menu item, the <Normals>..</Normals> tag is absent.

And not clear to me: Axis0~Axis6,Distance,System,Rotation.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:49:36 PM by PeterF »
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »
<Rotation>30.</Rotation>
    this is G68 R30, and Local System Rotated 30 (as example) on page MDI Alt2 of the Mill screens.

<System>1.</System>
     this is G70 for inches, and Inches on page Settings Alt6.  (0. would be G71 metric).

<Distance>1.</Distance>
     this is G91 for incremental Distance Mode  (0. would be G90 metric)

Did you know that the status monitor sometimes displays just one abnormality, even if there are three. If rotation is corrected, it displays the remaining two at once.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:11:27 AM by PeterF »
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 11:59:50 AM »
<Axis0>1.</Axis0>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, X Axis Enabled. Inhibit X Axis green on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis1>1.</Axis1>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, Y Axis Enabled. Inhibit Y Axis green on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis2>1.</Axis2>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, Z Axis Enabled. Inhibit Z Axis green on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis3>1.</Axis3>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, A Axis Enabled. Inhibit A Axis green on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis4>0.</Axis4>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, B Axis Disabled. Inhibit B Axis red on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis5>0.</Axis5>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, C Axis Disabled. Inhibit C Axis red on page Settings Alt6.
<Axis6>1.</Axis6>   Ports and Pins->Motor Outputs, Spindle Enabled. Not on the screens.

I could not verify whether the inhibit settings are honored. On my system Y (disabled to try) modified nevertheless in G Code execution. Of course I do not have a CNC machine (I'm just the IT).
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
Hi all,
  I'm pretty new to the cnc world. I have a romaxx wd-1 and it is up and running pretty good except for to things.
1. the abnormal condition IL mode is inc... how do I shut that warning off?
2. I've loaded up numerous different files and it happens almost all the time where it will start carving and at some point the router shuts off and stops. I can restart it from that point and sometimes it finishes, sometimes it does it again...
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
I think it is possible that a limit switch signal cable is weak, because it is the cable that bends when the machine travels. It is worth it to verify the cable, or try to force the stop by shaking the cable (or so). It is worth to note down the exact location of the stop. Photograph the screen every time, to "note down", or record. You will notice that the stop location varies, not too wildly, hopefully. (when it is actually a signal cable).