Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:34 AM

Author Topic: Router just shuts off and stops intermittently  (Read 7516 times)

Router just shuts off and stops intermittently
« on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
Hi all,
  I'm pretty new to the cnc world. I have a romaxx wd-1 and it is up and running pretty good except for to things.
1. the abnormal condition IL mode is inc... how do I shut that warning off?
2. I've loaded up numerous different files and it happens almost all the time where it will start carving and at some point the router shuts off and stops. I can restart it from that point and sometimes it finishes, sometimes it does it again...
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Router just shuts off and stops intermittently
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »
Abnormal warning is in my opinion a pain in the arse and just frightens people. All it is doing is informing you that things are different from your default settings and 99.999% of the time it doesnt matter. The only way to stop it is either click on it and tell it ok or remove it from your screenset all together.

Regarding the router stopping, do you see any messages in the error window when it stops? Does the Reset flash?
Hood

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Yes the reset button flashes, not sure of the message I'll check it next time I run a file..

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
Generally the error or reason for trigger will be displayed "E stop requested" or "limit switch triggered".

This just seems to happen randomly? Do have any debounce set in general configuration?

Do you have limit and or home switches too?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
It is showing driver watchdog triggered???

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »
Turn it off in "general configuration".
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
Abnormal warning is in my opinion a pain in the arse and just frightens people. All it is doing is informing you that things are different from your default settings and 99.999% of the time it doesnt matter. The only way to stop it is either click on it and tell it ok or remove it from your screenset all together.

1) When I understand right, the "Conditions Are Abnormal" LED is just an indicator (technically an output signal OEM LED #166), and it doesn't stop Mach3.

2) You give somewhere an example that it checks IJ setting. This raises the question, when does Mach3 check Condtions? (because IJ mode can be anything during a G-Code run, obviously).

3) We have "Axis are not Refed to Normal Condition..". What is checked by this? (I provoked by disabling X Home, Y Home, Z Home signals, on my offsite offline test system)

4) It is known to me that our Z soft limits are from +2 to -275, and Z Home is at +5. This makes a travel of 280. But the machine has at most 275. It could therefore run into the lower switch, which triggers Z Home, Z++ and Z--, they are all the same signal. Question: does this trigger "Abnormal Condition"? (Please take the erroneous values as given, currently beyond my control, as I am the IT setup man.)

modified for orthography.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:10:41 PM by PeterF »
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
sorry for adding this fifth point 5) the indicator seems sticky, it does not simply go green when I simply correct the condition (I re-enabled the Home X Y Z signals in 3) above) ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
Afraid I have no real idea how it works, it seems to often have a mind of its own and I long since removed it from my screensets so I am not troubled with it flashing away at me :)

Basically you just click it, it will tell you what it sees as abnormal you can then set the current condition to be normal by clicking it twice (if I recall) but as said its been a long time, maybe 5 years since I have seen it on any of my screens :)

Hood
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
Afraid I have no real idea how it works, it seems to often have a mind of its own and I long since removed it from my screensets so I am not troubled with it flashing away at me :)

Hood

1) I found the following link here in this forum that explains monitoring:
 http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9089.msg56190.html#msg56190

A new condition monitor has been placed on the main screen. It will not
activate any monitoring until set.

To set your "abnormal condition" monitor. You need to have your machine in the
state you consider most normal. This is in terms of the status of various things
like "are the axis homed?", "Is the unit OffLine or online?", "is it set to mm's
or inches?"," Is IJ Mode incremntal or abs"...etc..
(Excerpt only)

2) messages  "IJ Mode is Incremental", "Exact Mode vs. CV mode" are quite clear.

3) Message "Axis not Refed" is more troublesome. Refed means, by retroinspection, "Homed", or "Home-referenced", that is the home position is known. My english is unsure.
Running into a limit switch looses the "Refed" or Referenced property. Mach3 doesn't even care that the position is at the wrong end of the Z range. It sees the switch not during the Reference operation and cancels the well-positioning state.

4) actually most askers with "Abnormal condition" in this forum did tell a problem. As we do have. Next step in the drama is: the "Abnormal Condition" LED attracts attention and masks the real problem. Therefore the operator just reports "Abnormal condition", and does not think about his faulty G-Code program.

I'm quite sure that our operator ran into the lower Z soft limit, therefore disabled soft limit to FIX it, ran into the lower Z switch, lowered the Z soft limit to FIX this, and still tried to mill below ground zero.  ;D  . Now I (the IT man) do have to repair the Abnormal Condition, and the operator does not have to repair its faulty milling.  ;D   ;D  

Peter.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:07:26 PM by PeterF »