Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:15:56 PM

Author Topic: Cannot use two g codes that both use axis values  (Read 6330 times)

Cannot use two g codes that both use axis values
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
I am new to CNC and am sure this is somewhere on this forum, but search didn't find it.

Am using Kipware to generate some test Gcode and for each tool change it generates  G00 G91 G28 Z0

When loaded into Mach3, I get the error - Cannot use two g codes that both use axis values at Line *********   where the line number points to the tool change lines.

I am assuming that G00 and G28 are the issue, but is this something that I can tell Mach3 is acceptable, do I have to somehow get

Kipware to break this into 2 lines?  (which doesn't seem possible to do), or am I just doing something stupid.

Sorry if this is really obvious, but can't find an answer about it.

Thanks!

Bruce

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot use two g codes that both use axis values
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:39:37 PM »
You are correct in that you cannot use the G00 & G28 on the same line  ("They Are from the same modal group") you are telling mach3 to move to Z0 and GotoHome at the same time. No can do (;-)

You will HAVE to break them into 2 seperate lines such as

G90 G00 Z0
G28

Kipware should be running a POST to configure the output and you SHOULD be able to EDIT the POST to suit your machine. OR select another post to use that is compatible with Mach3. 

(;-) TP