Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:45:11 PM

Author Topic: Transfering Mach3 setup files to new computer  (Read 3408 times)

Transfering Mach3 setup files to new computer
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »
Hi all, old user returning with new profile (Old one seems to not exist anymore???)

Anyway, I have a small shop with a single machine running Mach3 and 6 office computers where coding is done then transferred via server out to the shop floor. I just replaced all of the office computers and now have to copy each setting from the shop floor computer to each of them unless someone can advise what file on the shop floor computer contains all the setup settings(Motor settings / tool table / pin in/out settings ect.? I tried to blindly copy the whole Mach3 folder and that did nothing so I can only assume its a file that is either hidden or located somewhere other than the 'MACH3 root folder.

Edit to clarify: I am needing to transfer the settings to the office computers so I can code and virtually simulate the runs from within the office using the same settings/limits.tool tables ect as the machine on the floor

Thanks in advance,
~Terry S
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:21:02 PM by TbcSEOD »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Transfering Mach3 setup files to new computer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
You are looking for the XML file. The name should be the profile you are running under and the ext is .XML. it is stored in the mach3 directory.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
I will double check - thank you :)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:41 PM »
That did the trick - thank you SOOOO much BR549 !