Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:57:18 PM

Author Topic: Im new!!!!  (Read 2488 times)

Im new!!!!
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
I work for a fence manufacturer and we run 2 cnc routers.  the program they run is very limited and only can cut outlines.  so i decided to try to put a different program on it.  the problem im running into is that it have a serial controller card and i dont really know much about the actual wiring on the machine.  the manufacturer isn't very helpful on giving me information to try to adapt it to run mach.  so i was hoping yall could fire some questions my way and i could answer them to help and get this thing set up
Thanks
Todd
Re: Im new!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
You should post pictures of the controller as well as model, brand.

I'm not an expert but I'm sure  someone here can help you but will need much more info for this.

Jeff

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »
 As a serial interface you cannot run it with Mach3. You would have to dive into the controll wiring and figure out HOW the drives interact with the controller.

Then you need to pick a NEW controller that runs in Mach3  and wire IT to your existing drivers PLUS add in all the I/O such as limits and home switches and ANY OTHER functions that are used such as spindle speed/on/off Vaccume or coolant, etc.

Warning IF you are not well versed in control wiring it may be best left alone. An old WORKING machine is always better than a BETTER NEW Controls machine that is broken and does not work.

NOW IF you get it all working control wise be AWARE that your OLD g code programs MAY NOT run in mach3 and you will have to reprogram ALL the old programs into Mach3 GCODE.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:44:01 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »
i got the machine to move using the galil plug in.  still cant figure you how to run the z axis.  its a air cylinder so all it has to do is plunge via relay.  its a galil dmc2122 2axis with a gost dmc21x3 daughter card and elmo pic 6/200 drives