Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:37:08 AM

Author Topic: T A B  (Read 5886 times)

T A B
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:11:54 AM »
Hi there, I am about to cut some patterns in MDF, I would very much like to know how to put tabs is the g-code so that the small figures don't go flying all over the work shop, do you do it in cad when you do the design or do you do it in the cam part, I am at pre3sent trying to learn D2NC, it is not easy any advice would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Nick ???

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: T A B
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:47 AM »
Some CAM programs can automatically add tabs to the toolpaths. V-Carve Pro and Sheetcam can both do this I believe.
If you don't have CAM that can do it, then you'll need to draw your toolpaths in your CAD program with breaks where you want tabs.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »
And, if you posses robust intestinal fortitude, LCam can generate TABs as well.  :)

Russ
 :)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 09:10:25 AM »
Thanks for the advice Russ, I had a look at L-Cam but I could not make heads or tails of it, I couldn't find a manual on it and I don't have a clue as to how to use it, therefore I am at a loss.
Regards
Nick ???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »
Hi Nick,

I had to chuckle at Russ's comment of robust intestinal fortitude required and he is, of course, quite right but if you want to learn LazyCam;  the manual and various tutorials are here, thanks to Rich.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.0.html

I still use LazyCam on occasion, for certain types of work, and it is brilliant at what it does but it is an un-supported product and there are much better products on the market which have much superior functions. Perhaps like all things, you get what you pay for.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »
There are actually advantages by using LCam.
Two of which are .....
It will build robust intestinal fortitude, and .....
It will pay for itself by negating the necessity of expensive hair care products and grooming fees.
 :)
Russ

(edited for spelling)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:46:07 PM by Overloaded »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:40:58 PM »
(;-) Yous Guys are FUNNY,

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »
TABS......
In the manual for how to do it but can get rather interesting on doing it.
I wrote a how to do tabs for someone a while back and posted it.
Do a search and good luck ....... ;)

RICH
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
Hello Naijin:

May I suggest CamBam for Tabs. They have a demo to try before you buy.

After loading CamBam, go to the Help menu at the top right of the page. Open the Help file, and several major sections appear. The second major section is Machining (CAM).

Scroll down this section to the heading "Holding Tabs."

Click on the Holding Tabs heading, and the Tabs description process opens.
The entire process of creating Tabs is explained in clear detail, with graphic pictures of sample code, and several views of types of tabs, including color 3D pictures.

Tabs can be dragged about on your drawing for better placement after they are created, or singly deleted to suit.

I think the effort that went into making and documenting all the CamBam functions is simply superb. There are no cryptic explanations, just clear, detailed, instruction.

CamBam follows a methodology of creating CAM programs from your drawings, and is well worth study to understand how it works.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

John