Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:53:47 AM

Author Topic: axis doesn't move after upgrade  (Read 8679 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: axis doesn't move after upgrade
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 02:58:49 AM »
The xml you downloaded is using the standard address for an onboard parallel port, if that is what you are using then chances are it is correct, if however you have a PCI parallel port then the address will almost certainly be wrong. To see what address you  need you will have to look in device manager at the port resources and see what the address is.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »
I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on the latest developing from this.  I was able to find a document online that proved somewhat valuable in getting the machine moving.  Or maybe it was the "bridgeport again.xml" file.  I started everything up as normal and attempted to jog the machine with no luck.  However, I started to lean on the table while pressing the jog button and noticed that it was jolting every time I pressed the jog button. 

I believe the table was moving but not like it originally was.  I think it/is moving maybe .0001 every time I press and or press and hold the jog button.  Whereas previously if I pressed and held the jog button it would continuously move the table.  What is normal? 

Does anyone have any settings that they found to be the most efficient without losing any steps for the motor tuning?

I finally got a hold of the Darek at ashburn@icx.net and I am very disappointed in him.  I have been trying to reach him for months.  I have reached out to numerous other manufactures and they have done so much to help me get this going again.  But Darek would not offer ANYTHING!!!  I asked very specific questions and all he would do is pass along some links that no longer exist.  And when specifically asking for answer to the questions he said he didn't have any answers.  To say the least if board breaks I will never replace it with a hillbilly BOB. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 09:38:46 AM »
Press the tab key on your keyboard and in the pop out side window, change the Jog Mode to Cont.
Hood