Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:24:05 AM

Author Topic: axis doesn't move after upgrade  (Read 8677 times)

Re: axis doesn't move after upgrade
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Your old xml isn't in you recycle bin is it? or did you dump the lot off the machine? just a thought. Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
Ok well someone else posted their xml for a BP with the HillBillyBob so it may well do, I will see if I can link you to the post.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
Hood,
Thank you for all your assistance with this.  I was deployed last minute and just got back to continue working on this.  Please excuse my lack of knowledge with this.  So I opened the link that you sent and found a file called "bridgeport again" in the 3rd post. I assume I just need to rename that file and place it in the Mach3 folder?  Thanks for all your assistance.

While I was gone I also tried numerous time to email the contact I found for the Hillbilly BOB, I didn't receive anything in return.  Does anyone know if he is still in business? 

Thanks again,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
You can just place that xml in your Mach3 folder then use the Mach3 Loader to open Mach, you will then get a list of all xml's that are in the Mach folder and Bridgeportagain should be in the list, just choose it and see if it works for you.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
I loaded it just like you stated and it still didn't move any of the axis.  Any idea where to look now?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:56:40 AM »
Suppose its back to basics and start checking signals coming out of the parallel port then if they are fine move to the end of the cable and then just work your way through. A scope would be best for that but a volt meter should show at least some quite easily.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
Do you have any schematics, print outs, instructions, anything that can guide me along the way?  I have no clue what pins would go to what drives.  Are you still thinking this is a software issue?  As I stated the machine worked great before I upgraded Mach 3.

Thanks again

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
Afraid I know nothing of the HillBilly Bob
If I recall it uses MaxNC mode and thus the pins are defined and can not be changed, so if that xml worked for the guy in the other post it should work for you. Assuming of course you have the correct port address.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Thank you for all your help. 

I don't want to assume anything with this because I know very little about how it works.  Can you walk me through how to verify I have the correct port address?