Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:58:32 AM

Author Topic: can't see Mach driver in device manager  (Read 3050 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
can't see Mach driver in device manager
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »
Hi,
I don't think my Mach3 R 3.043.057 is working right. I don't see the Mach driver in the Device manager for one. Using the ESS Smooth stepper v10n1db1b. Here is what's not working right at the moment. Get all sorts of status messages, very annoying. never had them before. Work offsets not saved. Mdi-ing speed commands work, but not the axis moves. On fly out MPG Step function doesn't work. By the way, I'm using an MPG2 pendant, that also gives error massages. I like to download the newer Drivers Test.exe, can't find it anywhere,
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: can't see Mach driver in device manager
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »
You dont need the driver if using an external controller.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
Thanks Hood,
I didn't know that.
Any thought on the MPG's step not working?
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
It is likely your ESS plugin requires a newer version of Mach than 057. I am sure I saw Jeff saying that 062 was needed and I think you have a newer plugin again. Whether that will cause issues with your MPG2 or not I have no idea, I have never used any of the CNC4PC stuff.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »
Thank again Hood,
I actually downloaded the .062 version of Mach this morning, and while waiting for your reply, I changed to that version. I think there has to be a correct match of ESS and Mach, or they won't work right. I tried different versions of Mach and also different  ESS versions. Each time different problems arise. Right now, the .062 seemed to have solve my mdi and mpg step functions. Because my program would take over 9 hours to run, I 'll wait till tomorrow to start it. Keep my fingers crossed. I'm forever grateful to you for all your help in the past. By the way, I think I solved my issue with the spindle starting when Mach is closed. I simply enabled the charge pump on output tab, and set it to my spindle step pin. So far so good.