Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:56:35 AM

Author Topic: Emergency Stops on Z-Axis  (Read 2205 times)

Emergency Stops on Z-Axis
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
Hello all

I've been using a Taig Tools mill with their closed loop DSLS controller straight out of a windows xp, 32 bit machine with a parallel port. I do my tool pathing in Bobcad on a separate machine. The problem I'm having is that on certain lines of g-code the sound of the servo motor on the z-axis sounds off and usually causes an emergency stop. For any given code, it is always the same line that stops it. I've tried the following fixes:

Increased both debounce values to up to 11
Running the code with no material
Changing the postprocessor from Bobcad
Changing the plunge depth of the cut (i.e. moved from even depths to defined depths)
Manually editing the code to change the depth of the line that stops
Restarting everything

to no avail. One of the weirdest things is that if I use "run from here" to go directly above the line that stalls it runs fine. If I go back 10+ lines it will stall on the same line it used to. The line of code that the machine stalls on is always the same for a given code, but not consistent across multiple codes. It is always a z-axis movement. It is usually one of the last plunges in a pocket, but not always. If I cut multiple versions of the same pocket it will stall on the equivalent line within each job.

I really have no idea what is going on.

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency Stops on Z-Axis
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
Hi, Gordon,

I had problems in the beginning with this as well, and what I experienced (right from the factory) was the Z slide was not adjusted properly, and was too loose of a setup. This would trigger the e-stops frequently, and frustrated me quite a bit.

The Taig videos were not available back then, but this might be of help to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFF3w5wo6Ig&feature=youtu.be

Just a note, the Taig DSLS3000 has steppers, not servos (yes I know they call it a "servo" system).

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)