Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:41:13 PM

Author Topic: g code editing  (Read 5376 times)

g code editing
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
I'm using the mach 3 n my plasma table, everything seems to work ok, but when I try to edit a g code, it just doesn't open the editor window, it appears a little window for a second and it says "path generation", and disappears, can anyone help me understand this issue?

Thanks.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: g code editing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »
Only thing that I can think of right off hand would be to check your editor location in the toolbar menu ...... Config>General Config. Make sure the location for the editor is valid.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:34:19 AM »
Ok, in the address says: C:\WINNT\NOTEPAD.EXE, does it sounds familiar?, thanks for your time!

Regards

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:51:28 AM »
Yes, as long as that is where your notepad location is. Click "browse" to make sure it is indeed there. If not, browse to its location and select.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »
I've just archieved what I needed, thank you so much Sam!!, I'm in debt with you, if there's anything i can help you with, just let me know, you can find my email here...

Best regards,
Victor.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »
No problem at all, happy to help. That's what were here for. Just glad that's what it was, otherwise I was out of ideas.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »
Well, here I am again... because the only thing that keeps me from cutting parts is: I have all the systems running, except it appears there's no comunication between my THC and the mach 3, I put my THC in test mode and the mach 3 detects it, but there's no movement at all in the Z motor, am I missing something?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.