Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:30:49 PM

Author Topic: CNC DEAD connected but doesn't communicate  (Read 2471 times)

CNC DEAD connected but doesn't communicate
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
Hi, Please help, I got a new HP computer running XP with build in parallel port 0x378, I have made sure Mach3 is setup with this address but I have no communication with the cnc? Attached is a screen dump of the diagnostics screen with a parallel port monitor but have no understanding of what it means. Tks, John
Re: CNC DEAD connected but doesn't communicate
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:46:39 AM »
John,
With your new computer have you assigned the motor step and direction pin outputs to the connections from your breakout board and also enabled the motors.

Stuart
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »
Hi Stuart,

nothing changed because Mach3 was on a separate HDD therefore I just installed the HDD in the new PC, checked that port address was correct and tried to run the system. John
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
John,
It's difficult to know whether this is going to be a Mach config problem or a problem with the printer port on your computer. The first place I would be looking now is in the device manager to see if the printer port is behaving itself and check it does not have a yellow exclamation mark next to it indicating a problem. If you are not familiar with this, Artsoft  gives a brief description of how to do this in their video training at http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

Have a look at the first video called "installation and basic configuration". It's about 10 minutes into the video.

If all looks good after the checking of the port, maybe following the config video with the other settings will give you a clue.

Have you tried another printer cable by chance??

Stuart
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:24:43 AM »
John,
Did you try rerunning Driver Test?
Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com