Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:13:12 PM

Author Topic: Machine Stoped in Middle of Table  (Read 2625 times)

Machine Stoped in Middle of Table
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
I haven’t used my machine for about 3 years. This morning I wanted to see if it still worked, so I oiled everything (I was at X 0 Y 0). It worked just fine so I put in an old project & it cut as it should, on screen only no actual cutting.

I stopped it, turned Mach 3 & computer off (It stopped about half way down X  & Y). I came back later & it wouldn’t go back to X 0 Y 0. The screen showed it stopped at X 0 & Y 0, but the machine was still half way down X & Y.

How do I get it to move past the settings on the screen? Like I said its been 3 yrs since I did anything.

Thanks for your help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Stoped in Middle of Table
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »
Sounds like you need to home, assuming you have home switches on the machine.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »
I have no home switches. There must be a way to move it back. So frustrating. Ive been trying everything but what works. I may have to take the motors off & move it manually. HELLLLLLLLLLLP.

Ron

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:58:23 AM »
Have you tried the auto override options on the settings page in Mach. Remember to de-activate them when you have moved the slides.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:52:49 AM »
Ok so please explain exactly whats happening, for example can you jog one way but not the other? If that is the case then disable soft limits and see if that allows you to jog to where you want.
Hood