Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:53:33 PM

Author Topic: XZA lathe setup problem  (Read 1823 times)

XZA lathe setup problem
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
I’ve set up my XZA CNC woodworking lathe (ShopNotes Router moded) and enabled Motor Outputs for each, leaving the normal Y axis (using this for A axis) red-x or non-enabled. All the appropriate pins numbers are entered.

I’ve also green checked Enable 1, Enable 2, Enable 3 on the Output Signals screen, with all appropriate pins numbers entered.

X-Axis
Pin 14 - X Enable
Pin 7 - X direction
Pin 1 - X Step

A-Axis (Y axis sub.)
Pin 2 - A Enable
Pin 3 - A Direction
Pin 8 - A Step

Z-Axis
Pin 6 - Z enable
Pin 4 - Z direction
Pin 5 - Z step

But, my A Axis doesn’t enable, and my Diagnostics screen show just two red Output Signals current state enabled.

I can only get Enable 2 to light if I go back to Motor Outputs and enable the Y-Axis along with X, Z, and A, all four, leaving just three (Enable 1, Enable 2, and Enable 3) green checked on the Output Signals page.  When I do this, the Output Current Signals on the Diagnostic Screen show three axes Enabled.  I can then go and uncheck (unable) the Y axis on the Motor Outputs, leaving X, Z, and A Axes enabled and all three axes work correctly -- the Diagnostics Screen still showing three axes enabled.

I have to do this ever time I switch on my CNC.  Is there a way to correct this?  I can’t understand why A Axis won’t enable when I set up Motor Output, leaving Y-Axis setting unabled.

Can someone help me understand this. 

Thanks,

Joe D.