Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:12:26 PM

Author Topic: loading problem  (Read 3130 times)

loading problem
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
Hi All,

I have Mach3 loaded on my design computer as I like to simulate the job and get timing before I send it to the Router. Anyway I have started having problems loading the software - I have no idea why. I have tried to re-install the software with no success so I thought I'd ask if anyone might have some tips to solve this.

There is a windows that pops up saying "unable to open probediag.dat error=5" then another window pops up saying "access to lasterror.txt denied". The main window then opens with the menu visible but nothing else.

Cheers
Rod

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: loading problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:28:14 AM »
That's a strange one Rod.  ???

I don't even have a file 'probediag.dat' on my PC although I do have 'probediag.txt'.

Perhaps make a back-up copy of your existing Mach3 folder and store it somewhere safe, then delete the original Mach3 folder and re-install Mach3 (following any special recommendations / instructions if you are not using the WinXP OS).

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:59:59 AM »
Have you checked to see if you have a virus?
Hood
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 05:21:10 AM »
Bingo - I had a virus a little while back which hid folders. I thought that I had unhid them all. Anyway I checked and there were still some that were hidden in the mach folder and now things work again. Thanks for the headsup, it's the simple things that trip you up eh! Cheers & thanks again