Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:43:01 PM

Author Topic: ethernet smooth stepper  (Read 10018 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
ethernet smooth stepper
« on: August 07, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
will a ethernet smooth stepper controler, make mach3 run better.
i ask this becouse the machine i run runs ok but the computer has a brain fart every now and then, that ever wreaks the what ever is being cut or breaks a cutter.
the machine has g213v and a mb-02v6 break out board running on win xp 32 bit.
im thinking of getting the smooth stepper just need some input allso can a smooth stepper run on win xp 32 bit, when that computer gives up can i just go out an get a win7 pc 64 or 32 bit and just conect it up.

Offline MHB

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Re: ethernet smooth stepper
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »
Back in July of 2013, I converted my Limac 3103 router from a DSP hand held pendant control to Mach3. I used the Ethernet controller board coupled with a JI Robotics CM106 board and added an XHC wireless usb pendant control to provide the solution that I was looking for. I initially went another route that didn't work out for me and was going to involve way more add on boards that I was willing to deal with.

In short, I'm running Window 8.1 64 bit on an Acer laptop with zero problems.

Mike
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
Hi Mike...
I have just started setting up my CNC (diy job), with the ess and cm106, but seem to have an issue getting the relays to trigger, is there something i may have over looked, did you have to do anything special to get the output relays working?
I cant believe how much smoother everything runs with the ESS....

Thanks for any help you can provide.   :)

Regards
Oswaldo!
Too much time on my hands: :)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
Hi Mike...
I have just started setting up my CNC (diy job), with the ess and cm106, but seem to have an issue getting the relays to trigger, is there something i may have over looked, did you have to do anything special to get the output relays working?
I cant believe how much smoother everything runs with the ESS....

Thanks for any help you can provide.   :)

Regards
Oswaldo!
Quick update, seems i overlooked enable port 1 pin 1 - this enables the relays. doh!
Too much time on my hands: :)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
Back in July of 2013, I converted my Limac 3103 router from a DSP hand held pendant control to Mach3. I used the Ethernet controller board coupled with a JI Robotics CM106 board and added an XHC wireless usb pendant control to provide the solution that I was looking for. I initially went another route that didn't work out for me and was going to involve way more add on boards that I was willing to deal with.

In short, I'm running Window 8.1 64 bit on an Acer laptop with zero problems.

Mike

Hi Mike, I bought the Xhc pendant, I have it working ok , It's the wireless one that I have,
Do you have any guidance for use or configuration for me, The manual supplied is a little sparse,
Thanks
George...
One step at a time!