Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:39:18 PM

Author Topic: New install of xp and Mach3, 2-cpu's, DB25 Pin 6 goes low when Mach3 is started  (Read 3939 times)

I have purchased a license for both MACH3 and the Mach3 add on's on 3/2/2013 ( when I received the License (dot) dat files.
I am at my summer home in OR, and am trying to get a DIY 3D printer ( a SEEMECNC H1.1) up and running, and on two computers (a Dell Dimension 2350 and a Dimension 2400) I am having the same problem.  Pin 6 of the DB25 goes low when I start MACH3 and stays low until I reset the printer port or reboot the computer.  Both computers have a fresh install of win XP SP3, and a fresh install of Mach3.  I have swapped motor cables the problem follows the driver pin, I have swapped the driver card cable and the problem follows the printer cable pin 6.  I then take a DVM and connect to Pin 25 (gnd) and then measure
pins 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, for step and dir for x,y,z,and a.  Pins  2, 4, and 8 go to an between level when the approate axis is jogged, however pin 6 is low and does not go hi until the printer port is reset (Device Manager) or the computer is rebooted.  The pins 3,5,7,and 9 go from hi to low and back to hi when changing direction for the approate axis.
Please advise me of what setting I have set incorrectly, and directions on how to set it properly.
Thanks in advance. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Attach your xml and I will see if I can find a problem.
Hood
I rechecked the step and dir pins in motor outputs and they match my BOB.
Thanks for your time.
Bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
You have Z step pin set Active high so you will see little or no voltage when stationary but should see some when jogging the Z. It will not be much if you are measuring with a digital volt meter. If you change to Active Low then you should see 5v when stationary and drop slightly when jogging.
Hood
Hood,

Thank You very much.  I missed that from the start.

I have now been able to run all motors and now comes the job of calibration.

Again, Thank You Very Much
Bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
No problem :)
Hood