Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:46:40 AM

Author Topic: Can 'jog', but G-Code does not run....  (Read 4000 times)

Can 'jog', but G-Code does not run....
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
I am trying to switch from one computer to another for the control of an XY stage.  Everything works fine using the older computer, and I have set up Mach3 on the newer computer with exactly the same settings.  In fact, on the new machine I can 'jog' the stage in Mach3, and both stages 'home' themselves happily in Mach3.  However, if I try to run G-Code (which works in Mach3 on the old computer) in Mach3 on the new computer, Mach3 pauses at the first actual G command and doesn't do anything else.

Since I know the code works on the old machine, I know it is OK.  Since I can 'jog' the stage on the new machine I know that the communication with the motion controller is OK.  What would cause Mach3 to be unable to process the G-Code?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can 'jog', but G-Code does not run....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
Best idea would be to attach the xml from the new computer and likely also the code.
However it sounds like whilst Mach is loading the code it is finding an issue, most likely an IJ error but you should see a message informing you what is wrong in the error message line.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
Here are the files.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »
Ok  I dont have a Galil here to test with so I just had to load it as the parallel port driver. With that loaded there is a limit switch active however that is likely due to the port and pin numbers not really being compatible with the Parallel Port.
I changed the active state  of that limit in ports and pins and after that the code ran fine.
I think that is unlikely to be your problem but just double check on Diags page that all Limit LEDs are out, if they are then afraid I cant really help as I dont have a Galil to test with.

Are there any error message at all when you try and run the code?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »
The Limit LEDs are all dark.  No message appears while the code is frozen on the screen.
The real puzzle is why this would work on one machine and not the other. 
Thank you for trying to help.  I'll keep at it.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:00:30 PM »
The g Code runs fine here other than it is coded to do nothing(;-).

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:11 PM »
"When troubleshooting, keep things as simple as possible!"  Words to live by....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
If you want to post the xml from the other computer I will see if there is anything I can find that is different.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
I'll do that check myself, thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:01 AM »
ok. :)

Hood