Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:50:12 PM

Author Topic: File naming with Mach  (Read 2871 times)

File naming with Mach
« on: February 20, 2007, 05:00:31 PM »
Hello all,

I am writing a new screen for plasma, how will Mach know which macro folder to use? Do my .set .xml and macro folder all have to have the same name?

Second question, how will Mach know that it is a Plasma? I can't see a setting directly but I guess that if you have the correct controls enabled it will then be implicitly a Plasma?

How does Mach know to hold the G-code until the 'arc good' signal is received, I can't seem to find a function for this.

Thanks
Greg

Hood

Re: File naming with Mach
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »
Hello all,

I am writing a new screen for plasma, how will Mach know which macro folder to use? Do my .set .xml and macro folder all have to have the same name?

There will be a default plasma xml , also in the macro folder there should be a plasma macro folder, this is where you place any you have written or modified. If you create your own plasma profile there will be a xml created automatically for it and theĀ  macro folder will also be created automatically for that profile I think. The .set can be named anything you want. If you open the new screen from Mach Plasma (from view, load screen menu) then it will be saved in the xml and the next time you open your plasma it will have your screen.

Hood

Hood

Re: File naming with Mach
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 06:44:43 PM »
BTW if you create your own profile you will have to place the macros you want in that profiles macro folder.
Hood