Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:58:08 AM

Author Topic: Ref All Home does not work  (Read 9626 times)

Re: Ref All Home does not work
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 07:18:36 AM »
Hood,

I added my "home" switches as X-- & Y--, and Yes, it keeps tripping, even when the Debounce is set to 2000 !
Trips even if the motors are not being used.
Also wont let the Tool Heigh script work, detects tool straight away

However, I have NOT added screened cable just yet, but hope to in the next few days

Please find attached my XML file as suggested

Many thanks for everyone help

Drew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 08:10:38 AM »
Ok in that xml the limits are not enabled but presume that is just the xml before you actually enabled them or after you disabled them.
REgarding the probe, it may have been a problem if you had the X++ enabled as you have that set as the same pin.
Anyway it does sound like you have some serious noise there, hopefully screening will cure it but if not you may even have to go as far as adding caps to the inputs to suppress the noise.

The very first BOB and Drives I used were really bad and no matter what I tried I could not make them 100% reliable, after a lot of trying, even with caps and ferrites I gave up and went with Geckos and PMDX Bob and never had an issue again.
Hopefully you will get it with the screened and properly grounded cables though :)
Hood
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
Yes, I tried to enable the limits, they didnt work, so turned it off so I could use the machine.
Then tried the tool height, it didn't work
THEN copied the  XML :)

Machine uses Gecko G203V for the motor drives, and Homann Designs MB-02 breakout board
Its of 2009 design, so perhaps could be better?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 02:49:33 AM »
I have never used any of Peters BOBs but from what I have seen/heard he makes decent stuff.
The drives and BOB I was referring to was rubbish I bought from eBay when I was first starting out about 7 or so years ago. I fell into the same trap that many do when first deciding to try DIY CNC, i.e. buy as cheap as possible. In the end it works out more expensive as often you just have to throw away what you initially bought and buy better.

Hood