Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ref All Home does not work  (Read 9625 times)

Ref All Home does not work
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:57:05 AM »
Hi All,

I have recently got my DIY Router working, and have been gradually adding extra features to the machine.
The machine has already done a few jobs, and seems to be working well.

Currenltly running a trial version of Mach3 R3.043.066, but have hit a snag.

I have set up X, Y, Z home switch (in series, NC, set on Port 1, Pin 10).
On the Diag page, the M1, M2 & M3 Home "LEDs" light up when you press any limit switch (used the Auto Setup feature)
My X axis has a slave "B" axis, so I have also checked the "Home Slave with Master Axis" under General Config (only 1 limit switch on the X).

However, then I click the "Ref All Home" button, nothing happens, except that the DRO's reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Drew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Ref All Home does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22:29 AM »
Do the LEDs round the Zero buttons turn green? If so then Mach has thought it had homed.
Now you seem to have the switches set properly from the description you gave  of the LEDs lighting when you activate any switch so the only explanation I can give is that you have noise or a loose connection  that is somehow making Mach believe the signal is being seen to say the switch is triggered.
 You could try setting a debounce interval of 2000 and see if that helps, its from Config menu then General Config and is to the right hand side at the top.

Now an interesting test to do would be just to set up any limit switch in Ports and Pins, Inputs page to the same port and pin number as you have the Homes set to. If the above is your problem then your limits would be constantly tripping and you would be forever putting Mach into E-Stop/Reset due to that.

If you can not get the better of it with the debounce then post your xml and I will see if I can find a problem in it.

There are known issues with 066 version and one of them is homing but it is different than the issue you are seeing so it is unlikely that it is a version related issue, but you never know.
Personally I would have had 066 pulled as it has more issues than any other version recently  but seems there is no appetite for doing that so it remains the lockdown.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:56:58 AM »
At the moment, when I hit "Ref All Home" button, the only thing it does IS reset the DRO's (and goes green)
There is no movement on the motors

Will try the debounce, and trial limit swich options shortly.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:41:13 AM »
The debounce worked, Was set to Zero (default?).
Tried 2000, changed down to 1000, all good.

What is the recommended debounce setting?

Many thanks :)

Drew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:12:16 AM »
The ideal is Zero but 1000 should not cause any issues.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »
If you are referencing in the window program run, do it in the MDI window, I think vb script does not work in the window program run.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
If you are referencing in the window program run, do it in the MDI window, I think vb script does not work in the window program run.

???

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
The debounce worked, Was set to Zero (default?).
Tried 2000, changed down to 1000, all good.

What is the recommended debounce setting?

Many thanks :)

Drew
The smallest number you can get away with. The longer the debounce, the farther the axis travels til the signal is seen.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Thanks Guy's

Going to replace my Switch wiring with Screened wires over the weekend, and see if there is any improvement (Stepper motors already on screened wire).

At the moment, the debounce is set to 1000, any lower gets un-reliable results :(

But at least its working !

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »
Chasing noise is very challenging. Just keep reviewing and improving your wiring practices.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)