Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:30 AM

Author Topic: A bit Stuck. Error Message  (Read 2862 times)

A bit Stuck. Error Message
« on: July 13, 2013, 02:24:18 AM »
Hi all. Am still trying to come to grips with my cnc. While doing a dummy run on a demo G code. The machine followed all the moves but a message appeared at the bottom of the Mach 3  page ...( TOO FAST FOR PULLEY.) Does any body know what that means and what I do to fix it.??? Regards... Ronnie.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: A bit Stuck. Error Message
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:03:38 AM »
It is meaning that your code has a spindle speed request faster than you have for the Max in spindle pulleys.
How to fix will depend on how your machine is actually set up, ie you may not even have the spindle speed controlled via Mach.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
Thanks Hood. Does this mean the speed they have in the demo program is higher than what is set for the machine in the spindle page of Mach 3 ??? Do I simply go to that page and change the value to a higher one??? My machine is Chinese and has a water cooled spindle. I'm a bit confused because as you know a typical router runs around 20,000 plus. In the manual for this machine they talk of speeds of just a few thousand revs. Doesn't seem right to me. Also the machine seems to be running fine even with the error message. Can this do any damage? or is it just a software thing that is harmless even if I don't change it. Regards    Ronnie.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:45 AM »
The message is not a problem, it is just a informative message and is more an annoyance I would say.
As said without knowing what your spindle control setup is then its hard to say for sure exactly which setting needs changed. It could even be something as simple as your code is calling a spindle speed in excess of what you have set in Spindle Pulleys.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »
If you go to Config > Spindle Pulleys, and change the Max speed to that of your machine, you shouldn't see the message again.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
Thanks ger21 Ill give that a go. Regards... Ronnie.