Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:40 AM

Author Topic: Problem with homing  (Read 3194 times)

Problem with homing
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:56 AM »
I have a CRP-4848 that has been running fine in the past.  I tried using it this weekend and discovered a problem when I try to home the table. 

When I initiate homing the table, the Y/A axis moves backwards to the negative Y limit switches, the A limit switch gets triggered first and the homing procedure stops.  The console shows that a limit switch has been triggered.  When I look at the hardware signals it shows the A axis is triggered.  I have the Y and A set to home together in the General Config.  This has worked in the past.  I can back it off and try again, but I get the same result.  I don't want to disable the A limit switches since they serve a purpose to protect that side of the table.

I have included my config file.  I suspect if Hood looks at this, he'll want to see it  :D

-Freeman

I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with homing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »
I see you are using the ESS, have you updated the plugin since it last worked?
Hood
Re: Re: Problem with homing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
I see you are using the ESS, have you updated the plugin since it last worked?
Hood

I  don't think so. I have been running v10hd since it was released.

I updated the last time to address the homing issue where the gantry would rack when the homing switch is enabled on the slaved (A) axis. I disabled the A axis homing switch in the configuration to allow the Y/A axis to home. The axis would home, but there was the possibility that the A axis could be slightly off from the Y axis. I would manually adjust the A axis to correct the offset after homing. Despite all this hassle, the table would home.

I'm running a PMDX-126 with an ESS board. I wired the limit switches for each axis in series and gave them their own input pin.

Is there a known good/stable version of the ESS plug in? I know development for the Mach3 plug in has been delayed due to the developer focusing on a release for Mach4.

-Freeman

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »
I have not updated the ESS plugin for years as any new ones just gave me problems so cant really say what works best.
Can you try with the default Mach screen (think you had another loaded if I recall)
 Might be worth asking on the SS forum as there have been lots of issues with slaved homing over the years and I am sure that would be where you would get the best info.
Hood

Re: Re: Problem with homing
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
I have not updated the ESS plugin for years as any new ones just gave me problems so cant really say what works best.
Hood

What version are you running, out of curiosity?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »
To be honest I am not 100% sure and I am at home now so cant check up, however I think it is the original ESS one, 10a possibly.
Hood