Hello Guest it is May 22, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

Author Topic: <--Newb! Scorpion tutorial - scale changes when loaded (m2)  (Read 2087 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PatM

*
  •  19 19
    • View Profile
<--Newb! Scorpion tutorial - scale changes when loaded (m2)
« on: February 19, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
I' just setting up my first CNC machine, so I'm fairly close to completely lost ;)

Anyway, I got everything set up and running perfectly (as far as I can tell) without GCode loaded. All the axis travel in the proper directions and exactly the right distances. I set a dial micrometer up and tested by jogging around and making sure the DRO and the dial micrometer agree. The soft limits work perfectly etc.

Then, I loaded the scorpion demo as per the instructions and suddenly the DROs report FAR more movement than is really happening. I move about 1" and the soft limits kick in, as if I'd move over 25". If I manually jog, the same thing happens.

I've been perusing the Mach 2 manual and I just can't seem to find anything that tells me what to do about this. There is a paragraph on scaling, but it doesn't really say anything useful.

Any hints?

P.S. This is a licenced version. I have Mach 3 as well, but I can't seem to get that to move the machine at all. I figure I'll use mach 2 until I understand a fair bit of it, then see what I can do to get mach 3 working.

Offline Chaoticone

*
  • *
  •  5,495 5,495
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: <--Newb! Scorpion tutorial - scale changes when loaded (m2)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:50 PM »
Hey Pat, I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline PatM

*
  •  19 19
    • View Profile
Re: <--Newb! Scorpion tutorial - scale changes when loaded (m2)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »
Well, I switched to the roadrunner example and that worked perfectly. Dunno whats up with the scorpion and its too late to be making all that noise out in the shed so I won't be able to play again until tomorrow. Good news is, I have the next two days off!

I also thing I figured out why Mach3 wouldn't move the machine. The XML setup file looks buggered - so I did a copy and paste from the vendor instead of "save target as" like they say to do. Now it looks proper. We'll see tomorrow!