Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:44:14 PM

Author Topic: Sorry, yet another noob threading question.  (Read 2177 times)

Sorry, yet another noob threading question.
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
Got my spindle motor tach generator installed and working well which now gives me a very steady spindle speed.  Steady enough that I'm ready to try some threading

I did some dry runs last night and when I grab the chuck in my hands to slow down the spindle a little, I can hear the Z stepper slow down & speed up when I release it; so far so good!

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of cut & try until I get more familiar with things.  When the threading cycle finishes & the spindle shuts off, does the Z stay indexed to the spindle?  In other words do I have to "pick up" the thread again if I find that it's a bit too large and I have to go back & shave off a bit more....or does Mach remember where it was and stay synced up so it runs right back down the thread exactly so all I have to do is dial up a bit deeper cut?

EDIT: Sorry, should have said I'm using the PP with an optical sensor with single slot on the spindle.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:56:35 AM by DICKEYBIRD »
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, yet another noob threading question.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
As long as you do not remove the part from the chuck and your code starts from the same Z position you can alter the X min dimension and run again no problem.
Hood
Re: Sorry, yet another noob threading question.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:40:45 PM »
Thanks Hood, one less thing thing to worry about! ;D
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.