Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:57:16 PM

Author Topic: PCI Parallel card NetMos added not reconized...  (Read 14142 times)

Re: PCI Parallel card NetMos added not reconized...
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 02:31:45 PM »
fred, what brand did you buy?
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
I bought it on ebay.. the vendor is in San Francisco.. the brand seems to be unknown.. chineese.. but it is based on an IT8875 chips
When I installed it, it told me that there was a conflict with the address.. I tried to change it... no way... I tried and  everything works fine...
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »
I'm having very similar issues and have read through tons of threads on this and other CNC forums with no luck. Have a Dell Optiplex 170L w/ XP 32-bit running a Gecko G540-G251 5-axis setup through 2 parallel ports (PP). The main PP goes to the G540, the auxiliary PP (was just added in PCI slot) runs the G251. All the Mach 3 settings seem to be ok and the 4 steppers running on the G540 w/ main PP work fine. I can't get the aux PP to work. It says it's SPP/ECP/EPP compatible but I can't set it to EPP individually in the setup menu upon booting. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, tried swapping ports, motors, reinstalled a fresh copy of Mach 3, nada...

Reading around, it seems I may have to get a computer with ISA expansion ports for the aux PP or try my luck with various brands of PCI PP cards... Anybody out there have a definitive answer/solution?

Much obliged,
Robert
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
FYI, did some more digging and found a possible iron clad solution for all those of use trying to make the second PP thing work: http://www.pmdx.com/2PARPCI

I've ordered one and will post a review after it arrives...