Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:17:16 AM

Author Topic: Brains and MPG from CNC4pc.  (Read 11003 times)

Re: Brains and MPG from CNC4pc.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
I thought I replied already. I verified the pinouts of the mpg and they are correct. The brain works with the exception of the X1,X10,x100.

Your plugin works also with the exception of the X1,X10,X100.

I can see I am hitting the correct pins in mach3 when switching X1,X10,X100 so it is getting into mach3 but mach is not doing anything with it with the brains or with th plugin.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
Humm, look on the "General Config" page, and MAKE sure you have values in the 1st three boxes, these boxes is what the X1-100 selector is pulling from. If they have NO value in them, then........  if you still NOT getting, that, then READ the read me 1st that I just posted inside the MPG4 6 version 3 plugin, and MAKE sure your using the SAME OEMtriggers for those functions.....  If it still doesn't work for you then I don't know what to tell you. It is working here, with both my 4 axis and 6 axis pendants (two different pendants from cnc4pc).

Arturo, of CNC4PC also has this working at his shop on those same kind of pendants.

So, that leads me to believe, you have an error in your set up, or hardware issue.
Perhaps worse case, your XML is corrupted, you could at most do a reinstall/ or build another profile and try again.

NOTE: I have looked at the finished plugin and see NO downloads, so you are not running version 3.0
here is the direct link for that:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,25596.msg180450.html#msg180450

Scott
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:02:15 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
Hi Scott,

OK, I loaded the latest version and it still does the same thing. I loaded your I/O test, and the switches are hitting the correct OEM triggers, but nothing is happening.

I am in velocity mode and hoping it works in velocity mode where speed depends on the rate you are turning the mpg. Is this how it works?

I am stumped, other than to say I am using the blue screen set, shouldnt make a diff I wouldnt think. I will try the default screen set.

My machine is running and making parts so I dont want to do a new profile and start over. I did backup the Mach3 directory in case.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »
Not working with the screenset from the ALL I/O plugin.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 06:52:20 PM »
Then, I have no clue what to tell you, it is all working here, and Arturo has it all working, plus a few of his clients have reported in and it is working there.........

I am running the Map all I/O (Modified stock version of the 1024.set), and an ESS through a C32 BOB.

I guess you're going to have to dig DEEP to figure out why it is not working on yours.

Oh, and I am running the pendant in "Single Step" mode here, since velocity mode the mpg looses steps through the ESS, the 1.0 debounce is as low as you can go, but it needs to be shorter, and 0.0 is
to much noise.....  no real happy medium here.

If Brains was working for you, I would go back to them, if you can't figure it out. Or, modify the brains, or build your own for your needs. The Macro pump can also be used, both can be used if your seeing the I and O light up on the diagnostics screen.

NOTE: I am using the latest "Lock down" version of Mach3, that uses the new plugin SDK.

Scott
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:56:04 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
Did you guys solve this eventually ? It's now 7 years later and today i connected my Pendant in Mach3, i am so happy to have found this, but....
I have the same issue, i see the X1-X10-X100 switching when i rotate the switch. When i push the TAB button in Mach 3, i see it switches to MPG. So happy.

But when 1 rotate 1 click my y-axis ALWAYS moves 8.7mm, regardless of what setting of X1-X100...

I filled in values from 100 to 0.00001 and seems not to have any effect.
What am i doing wrong ?

Hope some one can help me out.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
hobbybob ,
Did you get your mpg to work ? I have the same issue and I have not been able to get a fix for it
Cadcam Man