Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:48:14 AM

Author Topic: Brains and MPG from CNC4pc.  (Read 11004 times)

Offline Mc2

•  31 31
    • View Profile
Brains and MPG from CNC4pc.
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »
I have had my MPG for a few years now and set it aside when I could not get my MPG to work like they should. I used the brains examples provided by CNC4PC and was not happy. I recently dug it back out and attached it to my Smooth Stepper ESS and got it working again. I am much more familiar with brains now and fixed a few issues I was having. First of all I used the inputs from the MPG to drive continues on off timers that pulsed on and off every second. This fixes a possible read of an oem button getting activated. If Mach misses the signal the first time, it comes back within the next second or two. This completely fixed that bug. The next issue that I have is that when I am in MPG mode motion is too choppy at lower speeds or multiple single steps. I have tried using both step and muti step and both are too choppy. Can anyone give me any hits on how to smooth this out? I was wondering if it would be possible to play with ACC/Dec temporarily while the MPG is on.

Any information would be great.

By the way, in its current state this MPG is tons better than any pendant that runs through a keyboard interface.

Jim.
Re: Brains and MPG from CNC4pc.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Not sure why you're using brains at all to make an MPG work - wire it directly to two input pins, and configure those pins as MPG inputs, and Mach3 will take care of the rest.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Mc2

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »
Well that, I have not tried. The reason brains is in play here is that it performs a few functions. This MPG pendant has selector switches for axis selection and increment sizes. I will give your way a shot however I am sure that I will revert back to brains to control the MPG switches. This is faster and easier than bringing up the MPG screen and selecting the function.

Thanks, Jim.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:34:11 PM »
Hi Mc2,
I too have an MPG2 from CNC4PC, but for the love of God can't get the increment selector to work on it The brain that he supplied doesn’t address that function. Could you share your revised brain with me? Other than this, I'm using the MPG.
Mike
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:11:17 PM »
I also have purchased the MPG2 and C22 from CNC4PC and it is not working.

I think it is the brains. It shows it is selecting it in Mach3 but it does nothing. I am talking about the X1, X10, X100 switch. NEver changes even though I am doing exactly what he says in his documentation. ALso the X axis not working. The light does not even come on, so this maybe a hardware issue with the C22.

Slower speeds is choppy. I tested the pinouts fom the mpg and they are just fine. Really frustrating.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
see the plugins thread, and try the beta MPG plugin for CNC4PC pendants....
fun times
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
see the plugins thread, and try the beta MPG plugin for CNC4PC pendants....

Sorry, but I cannot find a plugins thread that deals with cnc4pc mpg.

What plugins thread are you speaking of?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
I found it and installed it. It works except the switch for X1, X10 and X100 doesnt  work. Need the different  speeds.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 03:16:34 PM »
Ok, download the new plugin from the plugins section...
It is all working here, but you try it and if you don't mind, answer on the plugins area section under the plugin thread for it.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 11:17:03 AM »
Ok, the release version of the plugin is in the "Finished" Plugin thread.

The Zip file has the "MPG4_6v3.m3P" installer, and a ReadMe 1st file (and yes, it should
be read first........)

Fixed a bug, for the FS/SS ovr, in where the 4th axis would move if it was enabled.

Everything is working on my 6 axis pendant (using all functions).
NOTE: If you have ANY Brains or Macro-pumps, or cyclic Macros that are using the same input/output that this plugin is using, your going to have issues. Turn off/disable any thing
else that may be running.  NOTE: For diagnosing your pendant to see if you have the correct function going to the correct input/output pin on your pendant. Download and install my "Map All I/O" plugin, and look on it's diagnostic page. You will see ULEDS that are tied to I/O that normally does not have an OEM ULED, (like the pendants here use).

IF your using an ESS (I am here), I Had to set the MPG De-bounce to 1.0, to get a read, but it will still miss "ticks" on the MPG.

Scott
fun times