Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:22:59 AM

Author Topic: motor doesn't run smoothly  (Read 2523 times)

motor doesn't run smoothly
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
Hi
My name is Levi Austin
I've posted on here before but my card was broken and i've got a new one. I connected it and it worked accept the y motor runs smoothly and the x motor stops and starts.
I went back to the shop that i purchaded it from but on his machine they run smootly.
I thought maybe it is the computer so i've tried another one wich is a better computer but on that one the motors just make a sound and they don't run at all.
Thats is why I thought I must be doing something wrong in Mach3.
So here are my specs and i hope someone can help me cause i would love to start working with it.
I have a turning machine: Proxxon 230 E with a conversionkit
The motors Have a turning from 2mm and 0.1 mm
The instruction for the pins are:
pin1 not assigned
pin 2 : x direction
pin 3 : cycle
pin 4 :y direction
pin 5 : y cycle
pin 6 :  z direction  (= y)
pin 7 : z cycle   (=Y)
pin11 :x- y- z reference switch
pin 18- 25 mass

On the first computer i switched off the motor outputs and on the second computer i didn't get anything on the motors untill i switched them of.
I.ve included my mach3turn xml file.
I thought maybe I should install windows again but perhaps someone can see what I am doing wrong. I already tried three different computers and another LPT cable. But with other software it worked perfectly.
I am new to mach3 and cnc but i would love to learn and get it right
Mrs Austin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: motor doesn't run smoothly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
Not really sure about this as a lathe normally just has X and Z axis and no Y axis.
You seem to have X set correctly in ports and pins but you have Y as Z and vice versa.
Does the X axis make a squealing sound when it is moving? Reason I ask is you have the Velocity a lot higher for it than the Y and Z.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »
Hi
Thanks for your answer
I know the Pins named for Y are the pins for z because the z motor only works if i put the 6 and 7 in the y.
You are right it is the x motor that is not running wel how do i change the velocity?
thanks Levi

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
Config menu then Motor Tuning, change the velocity to a lower value then click Save Axis Settings.

Is your machine a conventional two axis lathe? If it is then you will need to configure you axes correctly or you will run into all sorts of issues with your G Code and toolpath etc.
On a two axis lathe the axis that moves towards and away from the chuck is the Z. The axis that moves to centre line of chuck and away from centre line is the X.

X positive is the axis moving further out from centre
Z Positive is axis moving further away from the chuck, ie towards the tailstock.

Hood